Friday, August 27, 2010

Halifax

It was foggy and rainy yesterday when we pulled into Halifax, but cleared up today.  Notice the building behind me in the photo...It is the Halifax port building and has a green roof, solar panels and windmills!  I took an early morning walk along the waterfront and hiked up to the Halifax citadel to get a panoramic photo (see at bottom of blog).  All of the students boarded today, so it was really hectic.  Their excitement is infectious!  We left Halifax around 5:00 and are in the Atlantic again as I write this.  The ship is moving faster than usual to get out of the way of the path of Hurricane Danielle.  We are a long way from the hurricane, but they are being extra cautious.  Classes start Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Cuz'
    I am so excited that I will get to share this trip, vicariously, through your blog! Will, of course, update your Sis constantly! Love your panorama picture! If I took 500+ pics in just 2-3 weeks.....I hope you took enough cards to hold all of your pics! Keep taking pics...you never have too many...can always edit later!
    Hugs, Cuz' Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your first day of class is going well! Do you stand up while giving your lecture? I have this vision of you swaying side to side trying to write neatly on the chalk board...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mil sez....
    Bro' thinking about you on the "high seas", happy to hear you've done well so far. I love you and enjoy every moment and you will be in Spain soon...which will be lots of fun and food stuff, too! Don't forget to pick up some fans for Tina.
    More soon, love,
    Sis' Mildred (per kjh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sedums and windmills and panels, oh my!

    ReplyDelete